Sunday, December 22, 2013

Chicken Dumplings Crockpot Soup



 Chicken Dumplings Crockpot Soup 


What you need:

4-6 large boneless skinless chicken breast
2 tablespoons of butter
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 (15 oz) can of chicken broth
1 medium onion diced
1 tablespoon of dried parsley
6-8 refrigerator biscuits or crescent rolls (raw)

OK...as I just listed out the ingredients, I just realized I did something different when I made mine and it still tasted so good. I actually baked my biscuits before adding them to the crock pot and the recipe actually calls for you to put them in raw. Well I plan to make this again this week and I will make it the recipe actually says it should be made and will determine which is better. Anyways...back to the recipe 

What to do:
- put defrosted chicken in the crock pot
- add butter, cream of chicken soups and chicken broth and stir to combine
- add the onion and parsley and stir again to combine
- cook on low for 4-6 hours stirring occasionally and shredding the chicken as it cooks
- 30 min to 1 hour before you plan on eating, cut the raw biscuits or crescents into small pieces and add to the crock pot. Cook on low for another 30 min to 1 hour.

*As I stated above, I actually baked my biscuits and then cut them up and added them to the crock pot. I certainly didn't add 6-8 because they were already so big from being baked...but it was really delicious...I guess you can make it either way*

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment